The results you get from an OCR search depend on a number of factors…
- The majority but not all file types can be OCR’d.
- The quality of the image will greatly impact what the OCR captures. Check scan settings and make sure that important content is not compromised by things like a received stamp, hand writing, paper creases etc. obscuring it.
- There is a short time lag between importing the document into the cabinet and when the user can search for it by OCR content.
- A cabinet that has been set to OCR after documents have already been imported will only OCR NEW documents. To OCR older existing documents, the user will need to search for them and re-index them.
- If the document you are looking for is not found, try a partial word search to find part of a word within a document.