ScannerVision / File Stream Integration
ScannerVision integration with File Stream document management
ScannerVision is software that efficiently captures specific information from paper or electronic documents and passes this information (e.g. invoice details / client / legal / HR etc), on to other systems including the fully integrated File Stream document management program, where documents can be automatically indexed, made secure and simple to search.
Capture paper documents from multifunctional machines (copier / printers). Automatically capture information from paper documents by scanning AND enabling indexing from the multifunction machines touch screen. PC‘s with scanners are then unnecessary for document input and indexing. Greater use can then be made of existing and expensive networked copier / printers.
Information can be captured from:
- Zones on a structured document such as standard forms or supplier invoices
- Document recognition enables documents to be sorted efficiently prior to indexing or sending to a folder or a workflow
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) enables documents to be searched for by any words they may contain
Electronic documents can be captured from any location automatically from Hot Folders or any other electronic documents containing text such as emails and Office documents.
Processing a paper document…
Process documents individually or in bulk to save time. This could include:
- Barcode reading. A barcode can initiate a procedure or supply accurate metadata for automatic indexing
- Recognizing texts with the help of Optical Character Recognition (OCR), conversion to another format, and much more
- Sorting large numbers of documents (either scanned images or electronic files) can be sorted into groups before onward processing or routing
- Search. Make documents easily searchable by capturing information from the document as well as data such as name, number, date or client details
- Encryption of documents for added security (Triple DES algorithm with internal 256 bit key)
- Security. As well as encryption, documents can be placed in a secure area where only authorised people can access them
- Retention. Add retention dates to documents
- Workflows. Automatically add documents to simple workflows
Store determines where and how the document should be saved, which could be another folder on the network, a database, as an e-mail attachment, a Cloud Storage or a Document Management System such as File Stream.
Need more information? Speak to one of our experts.