Document Management for Property Management Firms
Filestream partners with property management firms to enable them to:
- Improve administrative efficiencies and automate workflows
- Integrate and enhance organisation processes
- Improve document security and access control
- Improve access to information
- Reappraise their software requirements, often saving time and money
The Property Rental industry produces an enormous amount of documentation, both incoming and outgoing. Some properties change hands frequently and new information is gathered each time. This information has to be accurately filed, easily accessible and secure.
In the past, electronic document management has been considered only as an archiving tool. Most of our clients now use it as a live filing system, capturing information as it happens. There is a diary function built in which allows users to link documents to automated reminders within the system. Very useful where routine equipment inspections need to be carried out.
The types of files that some property management firms use File Stream to manage include:
- Tenancy Agreements
- Inspection records
- Office Documents
- Trade quotes
- Digital photographs
- General correspondence
- Scanned paper images
- Procedure Manuals
All documents (Office docs, digital photos, CAD, scanned paper images, emails etc.) concerning a property and its occupier can be filed under one umbrella. This allows the staff involved to see at a glance what has been happening and when necessary to retrieve a document within seconds without leaving their desk.
With your property and tenancy information more easily accessible, your organisation will:
- Provided instant access to paperwork to those authorised to see it
- Enhanced how staff managed their workloads thereby improving staff efficiency and productivity
- Enable better service levels to your stakeholders, including tenants, trades, families and the relevant business partners
- Remove the overhead of expensive offsite storage for paper files
- Be GDPR compliant and safe guard your documents against disaster
- Boosted security as all data is backed up and encrypted for resilience
- Avoided the necessity to hire extra staff to manage ever-increasing volumes of paperwork
- Improve your administrative ROI by streamlining your IT systems
Using software specific to your own sector? Don’t worry, our API (Application Program Interface) tool makes it possible to link these programs to our document management software. Documents and associated information can be transferred between systems using CSV / XML format.
Learn more about how Filestream’s Document Management Software can help and benefit your business